Seriously?! Has it really been around three months since I posted in this thing?
I really shouldn’t be surprised. I have a terrible habit of getting really hung-ho about stuff like blogs and then just losing interest. Well, that’s not accurate. It’s more that I have a thousand other things that I decide to do.
So. What have I been doing for the last few months?
Well, let’s see…
- Started a successful Brony group at Blizzard, who’s had one major event and is about to have a second.
- Made it through an entire week without the kids or the wife as she took a vacation up in Reno while I remained working. That was a strange week. (And yes, it was really just a vacation)
- Had issues with panic attacks on and off.
- Successfully won NaNoWriMo 2014, making it my fifth year running.
- Finished my rewrite of the webcomic novella Stormhaven into a full novel clocking in at 84K words.
- Helped launch Warlords of Draenor, one of the most successful expansions Blizzard has ever released.
- Played WAY TOO MUCH Warlords.
- Before Warlords launched, I managed to secure the Challenge Mode: Gold achievement for Tyrimon, my Paladin, getting me the special transmog set and the now-impossible-to-obtain Pandarian Phoenixes.
- I also managed to get Heirloom Weapons from Garrosh Hellscream for all my major characters and managed to get Laura a Heroic Kill of Garrosh as well before 6.0.2 launched.
- Made it through Tali’s birthday party and associated events.
- Attended my first Blizzcon as a Blizzard Employee and worked my first Blizzcon as a Blizzard Employee (I helped out with the SC2 tournaments…funny because SC2 isn’t something that really grabs me).
- A thousand other things that I can’t even process.
I’m still doing the Pony thing. In fact, after today, I’ve decided I’m even more into it than ever before. I’m going to make it my mission to get it through people’s head that being a fan of MLP:FiM isn’t a disturbing or weird thing. Now there are always going to be ignorant people who don’t want to learn things. I don’t care about them. I care about the people who have brains and who just don’t know.
Because I used to be one of them.
I’m not leaving Blizzard anytime soon. I’m making a difference there. A big one. 🙂
But right now, I’m just dropping by to say I’m here.
Next week, I’ll have something more substantial.
Until then, good luck and have fun!